Monday 21 February 2011

Putting on the Glitz!

Hi guys - Suezie checking in.  First up - gotta say I was lucky enough to see Kay's creations from her workshop with Tim Holtz up close and for real and they were lovely - the blue one was especially nice - gee I think it could even convert me LOL!  Just cos I'm not into Tim Holt's 'grunge' thang doesn't mean I can't appreciate many of you who are and the lovely things you spend hours creating.

I thought maybe since Kay had done a shout out for the next class page that I'd post a quick picture.  We get to put on the 'glitz' for the next couple of classes.  Told ya I was into that glittered embossing powder didn't I?


These are sooooo not my colours so I was surprised to be working with them but I'm really glad I did cos I like how it turned out.  After all I did choose them myself!  The papers are by BoBunny and from a series called Jazmyne which is part of their glittered range.  The accents are die-cut in chipboard and glitter embossed so we're gonna have lots of fun with this technique plus I added a few handstitched stems in at the last minute - sorry girls if you aren't keen on sewing but I liked the way it looked - it's not too much and it's by hand with pre-pierced holes so it should be just fine.

I've made a few other changes since this photo like the title frame being a bright glittered purple to make it 'pop' out off the page too - so much nicer than the one in the photo.  If I hadn't taken the page into the store already I'd have taken fresh snapshots of it - sorry.

The next class uses the same paper range and colour scheme plus the same chipboard style die-cut and glittered accents so don't worry if you can't make this one.  I'm using the same techniques across two classes even though the projects are completely different.  We will be making that handmade card kit I promised.  The sample for this is in store too if you'd like to see it and that class runs on 2 March.

Hope you can join us :-)

Suezie


No comments:

Post a Comment